CLC lecture: Compositional Careers Outside of Academia
I’ll be giving a presentation at the Canadian Music Centre in Toronto on ways to make a career as a composer outside of a university setting. Presented by the Canadian League of Composers, this event is also sponsored by Soundstreams and the Canadian Music Centre. Come check it out!
- The pros and cons of academic and non-academic careers
- Common mistakes that emerging (and established) composers make
- Entrepreneurship, marketing, networking and other dirty words you can safely ignore
- The role of self-discipline, motivation, and routine
- Lessons to be learned from contrasting the Canadian and US music scenes